Sticky Toffee Pudding
Why not cook a Sticky Toffee Pudding this week. It's is so easy and a fantastic dessert treat that has a sticky sponge base with luscious gooey sauce on top, but is quick to prepare and cook. It's a pudding to make you smile.
Go on, have a go!
Ingredients:- (serves 4)
4tbs double cream, plus a little extra to top
4tbs brown sugar
125g brown sugar
75g self-raising sugar
- Heat the oven to 190'C or gas mark 5
- To make the toffee mixture, mix the 4 tablespoons of the cream, 50g of butter and the 4 tablespoons brown sugar together and divide between 4 small dishes or ramekins.
- To make the sponge, beat the walnuts, 125g of butter, the 125g of brown sugar, eggs an flour together until really smooth. Dollop/Spoon over the toffee mixture in each of the four dishes and level off.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until the puddings have risen and are turning golden,
- Meanwhile, lightly whisk the rest of the cream.
- Turn the puddings upside-down onto plates, take off the dishes, and add a good dollop/spoon of the whisked cream.