Polpettine Di Pane
Polpettine Di Pane are delicious little filled bread balls that are a great example of real ''Cucina Povera'' - the ability to make something special out of very little! Why not try them.
500g stale bread
150g parmesan cheese
1 small onion - finely chopped
salt and pepper
- Moisten the bread in the milk
- Add 2 whisked eggs, the finely chopped onion, the cheese, parsley and salt and pepper. Mix together
- Shape a spoonful into ball patties.
- Beat the 3rd egg and roll the patties in the egg and then into the breadcrumbs.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and fry each pattie ball until golden brown.
- Drain the pattie ball using kitchen roll and serve straight away.