These are surprisingly good and easy to make. Bananas are a great source of energy too.
Ingredients: (makes 10)
200g plain flour
3tsp baking powder
2tsp ground cinnamon
pinch of ground nutmeg
50g ground almonds
2tbs vegetable oil plus extra for greasing
- Heat the oven to 180'C or Gas Mark 5.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Stir in the nutmeg, almonds and sugar.
- Mash the bananas and mix in the eggs, oil, milk and honey to make a sloppy paste, then add to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into 10 paper cases or greased cups in a muffin tray (below).
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until well risen.