Cheesy Pineapple Fried Rice
This one-pot dish is easy and quick to make and you can get all the ingredients in any big supermarket. My Chinese friends have it every so often, so it must be good. It will make a nice change to Friday night’s Chinese take-away, so try it tonight!
2tbs olive oil
1 medium onion,diced
3 medium carrots,cut into small cubes
100g frozen peas
100g frozen sweetcorn
150g bacon lardon
200g cooked prawns
400g cooked rice
200g fresh pineapple, cut into chunks
30ml pineapple juice
200g shredded pre-mixed four cheeses
1tsp mild curry powder
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan under medium heat and add bacon, diced onion and carrots to stir fry until cooked.
- Add cooked rice, frozen peas and sweetcorn to the pot and fry until cooked.
- Add chunky pineapple, pineapple juice, cooked prawn, curry powder to the pot and carry on stir frying for a further 3 mins.
- Spread the cheese on top and turn the heat off. Put a the lid on the pan and wait for 3 mins.
- When serving, the cheesy will be completely melted, just like pizza topping.