CHEESY PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE
I got this recipe from a Chinese friend of mine. She says that this one-pot dish is easy and quick to make and you can get all the ingredients in any big supermarket. It will make a nice change to Friday night’s Chinese take-away!
Ingredients: (serves 4)
2tbs olive oil
1 medium onion - diced
3 medium carrots - cut into small cubes
100g frozen peas
100g frozen sweet corns
150g bacon lardon
200g cooked prawns
400g cooked rice
200g fresh pineapple - cut into chunks
30ml pineapple juice
200g shredded pre-mixed four cheeses
1tsp mild curry powder
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan under a medium heat and add bacon, diced onion and carrots to stir fry until cooked.
- Add cooked rice, frozen peas and sweetcorn to the pan and fry until cooked.
- Add chunky pineapple, pineapple juice, cooked prawns, and curry power to the pan and carry on stir frying for a further 3 mins.
- Spread the cheese on top and turn the heat off.
- Put the lid on the saucepan and wait for 3 mins.
- When served the cheese will be completely melted just like a pizza topping.