Chicken Fajitas are a great party food and are ideal for an outdoor summer meal. Everyone can make their own fajitas - just cook everything up and have big bowls filled with salsa, chilli, guacamole and sour cream that you guests can spoon onto the Mexican pancakes, called tortillas, as they wish. Why not invite some friends around this weekend and try them!
Ingredients: (serves 4)
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into wide strips
5tbs olive oil
2 large onions, sliced
1 red pepper, cored, deseeded and cut into strips
1 green pepper, cored, deseeded and cut into strips
12 wheat tortillas, warmed
300ml soured cream
2tbs coriander leaves, chopped
juice of 4 limes
1tsp dried oregano
- Make the marinade by mixing the lime juice with 3tbs of olive oil, oregano and 1tbs of coriander in a bowl
- Add the chicken strips and stir well
- Cover and put in the fridge for 4 hours
- Heat the oven to 200'C or Gas Mark 6
- Put the chicken strips and marinade into a roasting pan. Cover with foil and bake in the oven for 30 minutes
- Take off the foil and then bake for another 15 minutes.
- When cooked, slice the chicken into very thin strips
- Meanwhile heat 2tbs of olive oil and fry the onions and the peppers until soft
- Put some of the onions and peppers onto each warm tortilla and then top with chicken
- Add a big spoonful of guacamole and sour cream and sprinkle with some coriander and roll up like a pancake.
Source Recipe: http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/chicken_fajias/