Flapjacks are so quick and easy to make and you can also add chopped fig or dates. For an extra tang, just add a grated rind of a lemon at the same time as the melted butter. Go on make some!
Ingredients: (makes 18)
75g ready-to-eat dried prunes
75g ready-to-eat dried apricots
100g butter - plus extra for greasing
375g porridge oats
75g raisins and or sultanas
- Grease a 28 x 23cm shallow baking tin, or similar.
- Heat the oven to 180'C or Gas Mark 4
- Chop the prunes and apricots into small pieces.
- Melt the butter, sugar and honey in a saucepan.
- Take off the heat. Mix in the oats, prunes, apricots and raisins or sultanas. Leave to cool for 5-10 minutes then beat in the eggs.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and level out. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until pale golden, but still soft.
- Leave in the tin until cool, then chop up and put on a plate until cold and crunchy.