Why not try this favourite weekday dish this week. It is always a popular choice with family and friends and quick and easy to prepare and cook - only 20 minutes to prepare and 60 minutes to cook. Here goes:
Ingredients (serves 4):
50g streaky bacon – chopped
1 medium onion – finely chopped
2 celery sticks – finely chopped
1 medium carrot – finely chopped
100g mushrooms – sliced
1 garlic clove – crushed
450g lean minced beef
30ml tomato puree
1 bay leaf
2.5ml dried oregano
20g Parmesan cheese - grated
- Heat oil and butter in a saucepan and cook the bacon until it starts to brown.
- Add vegetables and garlic, cook, stirring until golden.
- Add the beef and cook until brown.
- Add the stock, tomato puree and herbs and bring to the boil.
- Cover and cook for 40-45 minutes on a low heat. Stir occasionally. Remove the bay leaf.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in boiling water until tender, about 10-12 minutes.
- Stir occasionally. Drain.
- Serve the pasta with the bolognese sauce and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.