Ingredients: (makes 18)
300 plain chocolate, broken into pieces
225g butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
75g self-raising flour
175g walnuts, broken up
200g milk chocolate, broken into pieces
- Grease with a little butter a 28 x 20 cm or shallow baking tin or dish. Heat the oven to 190'C or Gas Mark 5.
- Melt the plain chocolate either in a heat-proof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water or melt it in the microwave, then stir in the butter.
- Beat the eggs and sugar, then mix in the chocolate and butter mixture. Stir in the flour, walnuts and melted milk chocolate.
- Pour into the dish or tin, level the surface.
- Bake in the oven for about 40 minutes until the crust feels firm but is soft underneath. Do not overcook the brownies as you want them gooey. Leave in the tin to cool, but if you can't wait that long, then cut into squares.