Leek and Potato Soup
We had leeks and potatoes left-over this week, so what better way to use up these tasty vegetables than to make a deliciously warming autumn soup. It is so easy.
Ingredients: (serves 4)
2 large leeks, finely chopped
250g potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
1 onion, roughly chopped
750ml chicken stock or water
salt and pepper
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan, add the leeks, potatoes and onion. Stir well so they are covered in the butter.
- Cook over a very low heat for about 15 minutes, until the vegetables are soft, stirring to stop then from becoming brown
- Add the chicken sock or water and milk and a dash of salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and simmer gently for 20 minutes until all the vegetables are tender.
- Push the soup through a sieve or use a blender to make it smoother.
- Add more salt and pepper if needed, and heat until very hot. Serve with a dash of cream and eat straight away with a piece of fresh home-made crusty bread (see my blog: ''Artisan Bread – Make Your Own'' on 23 Sept. 2013).