Roasted Vegetable and Feta Tart
A brilliant snack to share with friends anytime.
Ingredients: (serves 6)
450g ready rolled shortcrust pastry - thawed if frozen
vegetable oil - for greasing
1 red pepper - cored, deseeded and cut into thick strips
1 onion - cut into wedges
2 courgettes - cut into thick slices
3 tomatoes - halved
2 garlic cloves - chopped
3tbs olive oil
4 small rosemary sprigs
125g feta cheese - crumbled
2tbs Parmesan cheese - grated
salt and pepper
- Heat the oven to 200'C or Gas Mark 6
- Unfold the pastry and lay it over the inside of a greased 23cm (9 inch) flan tin. Push gently into place and prick the base with a fork.
- Cover with piece of greaseproof paper and fill the bottom with a layer of cheap dried beans, such as butter beans.
- Bake the pastry case in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove the paper and beans and bake for another 12 minutes until crisp and golden.
- Meanwhile, to make the filling, mix all the vegetables with the olive oil in a roasting tin. Add the garlic, oil and rosemary with a god dash of salt and pepper. Stir the mixture to coat the vegetables evenly and roast in the oven for 35 minutes.
- Fill the pastry case with the vegetables, arrange the feta on top and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Return to the oven for 10 minutes, then serve.