A slice of home-made Swiss Roll reminds me of my childhood - my mother used to make one for Sunday tea and we would fight over the last slice. Your Swiss Roll could be one of raspberry jam or strawberry jam or with a dash of whipped cream or butter icing. Your choice! Go on, make it for the kids for this weekend! This recipe is so easy.
Ingredients: (serves 10)
75g plain flour
1tbs hot water caster sugar
- Heat the oven to 200'C or Gas Mark 6.
- Line with paper and grease an 18cm x 28cm (7ins x 11ins) Swiss roll tin or similar
- Whisk the eggs and sugar in a large bowl over a saucepan of hot water until thick and creamy.
- Fold in the flour and water and then pour into the Swiss roll tin.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes, until the cake is springy.
- Sprinkle sugar on to greaseproof paper, then tip the cake on to it. Peel the lining paper and trim off the edges of the cake so they are neat, ten spread with jam and roll up.
- Hold in position for a few minutes and then put on a wire rack or plate to cool.
- Sprinkle more caster sugar over the top, then slice and serve.