CHUNKY OAT COOKIES
If I'm making cookies, I use good-quality white chocolate because cheap chocolate has a rather cloying taste. If you prefer, use milk or plain dark chocolate. Have a go this week!
Ingredients: (makes 15 cookies)
125g butter - softened, plus extra for greasing
125g caster sugar
2tsp vanilla essence
125g porridge oats
4tbs sunflower seeds
150g plain flour
half tsp baking powder
175g chocolate - chopped into small pieces
- Heat the oven to 180'C or Gas Mark 4.
- Grease a large baking sheet.
- Beat together the butter and sugar in a bowl until creamy. Add the egg, vanilla, oats, sunflower seeds, flour and baking powder and mix to make a thick paste.
- Stir in the chocolate.
- Place dessertspoonfuls of the mixture on to the baking sheet and flatten slightly with the back of a fork.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes until risen and golden.
- Leave for 5 minutes, then move to a wire rack or plate to cool and then enjoy.