Coconut and Blueberry Cakes
Moist, fruity and enticingly dotted with blueberries, these cakes are a perfect treat, and blueberries are plentiful and cheap just now. Go on have a go!
Ingredients: (makes 10)
125g butter - softened, plus extra for greasing
half tsp baking powder
1tsp vanilla essence
50g desiccated coconut
- Heat the oven to 180'C or Gas Mark 4
- Put the butter, sugar and eggs in a bowl and mix.
- Add the flour and baking powder and mix, then add the vanilla.
- Beat well until light and creamy.
- Stir in the coconut and blueberries.
- Spoon into 10 paper cases or greased cups in a muffin tray.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until risen and firm.
- Then take out of the oven and put on a wire rack or plate to cool - if you can, resist them until then!