Marinated Mixed Pepper Salad
This stunning salad has a great combination of vibrant colours. You can also add olives or capers at the end if you fancy them. Go on try it!
Ingredients: (serves 4)
1 red pepper - cored, deseeded and haled
1 green pepper - cored, deseeded and halved
1 yellow pepper - cored, deseeded and halved
1 garlic clove
6tbs vegetable oil
3tbs wine vinegar
quarter tsp ground coriander
salt and pepper
- Make the marinade by crushing the garlic to a smooth paste with a little salt and add the oil, vinegar, coriander, sugar and pepper and mix well.
- Place the peppers under a moderate grill, skin sides up. Cook until the skins blister, then remove from the heat, leave to cool slightly and peel.
- Cut the peppers into thick strips and arrange, alternating the colours, on a large plate.
- Spoon the marinade over the peppers, then cover loosely with clingfilm.
- Leave in a cool place for at least 30 minutes and then enjoy.