Mixed Bean Curry
Here's a great recipe that is supremely good for you. This curry is packed with protein and tasty spices. Who says it's difficult to eat healthy food?
Ingredients: (serves 4)
2 onions - finely chopped
3 garlic cloves - crushed
1tbs ground coriander
1tsp garam masala
1tsp chilli powder
400g can of chopped tomatoes
425g can of butter beans - drained and rinsed
425g can of red kidney beans - drained and rinsed
425g can of cannellini beans - drained and rinsed
salt and pepper
- Heat the butter in a saucepan and fry the onions for 10 minutes until golden brown
- Add the garlic and fry for a few seconds only, then add the coriander, garam masala,and chilli powder and fry for a few seconds.
- Stir in the tomatoes and sugar with a dash salt and pepper, then turn down the heat and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add all the beans, stir thoroughly, then cover and cook gently until heated through, probably another 10 minutes.
- Serve with rice and poppadoms.