Ingredients: (serrves 4)
1tbs vegetable oil
2 garlic cloves - finely chopped
1tsp freshly grated ginger
1tsp cumin seeds
1tsp coriander seeds - roughly crushed
quarter tsp dried chilli flakes
625g cooked beetroot - cut into wedges
150ml coconut milk
quarter tsp ground cardamom seeds
grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
handful of chopped coriander
salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander seeds and chilli flakes. Fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the beetroot and fry, stirring gently for 1 minute.
- Add the coconut milk, cardamom, lime rind and juice. Cook over a medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the coriander and a dash of salt and pepper.
- Serve either hot or just warm and top with a little sour cream or serve with a winter salad.