Banana and Three-Seed Energy Bars
Have you ever thought of making your own energy bars? These homemade energy bars will give you a fantastic boost of long-term energy, so you can enjoy them for breakfast or have one before a big night out. Here goes..
Ingredients: (makes 9)
3tbs golden syrup
150g rolled nuts
2 large ripe bananas - sliced
100g ready-to-eat dried prunes - roughly chopped
25g pumpkin seeds
25g sunflower seeds
25g sesame seeds
- Heat the oven to 180'C or Gas Mark 4
- Line the base and sides of an 18 cm square baking tin or similar with greaseproof paper.
- Melt the butter and syrup in a large saucepan until dissolved.
- Remove from the heat, add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the square tin, level the surface and bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown (the mixture will still be very soft in the centre).
- Leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then cut into 9 squares. Leave to crisp up and and cool completely and then eat or store in an airtight container.