Sweet Potato and Spinach Curry
I love a good curry and you don't need meat to make a spicy and tasty dish. This sweet potato curry with spinach is so easy to make, it's worth a try this week.
Ingredients: (serves 4)
500g sweet poattoes - peeled and cut into large chunks
3tbs vegetable oil
1 red onion - chopped
2 garlic cloves - crushed
1 large red chilli - deseeded and chopped
400ml coconut milk
250g baby spinach - washed
- Cook the sweet potato in a large saucepan or boiling water for 10 minutes, then drain and put to one side.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the onion, garlic and turmeric and fry over a gentle heat, stirring often, for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the chilli and fry for another 2 minutes
- Add the coconut milk, stir well, then simmer for 4 minutes until the coconut milk has thickened slightly. Stir in the cooked sweet potatoes and a dash of salt, then cook the curry for 4 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach, cover the pan and simmer gently for 3 minutes, or until the spinach has wilted and the curry has heated through.
- Serve - best eaten with a naan brad or chapattis.
Enjoy, I will!