CHICKPEA AND POTATO CURRY
While shopping yesterday, I noticed that tins of Chickpeas were on offer at 4 tins for £1. I could not resist this bargain. Why not get a tin of chickpeas and prepare yourself a Chickpea and Potato Curry. It is spicy, healthy and fast. It is delicious simply with basmati rice, naan or plenty of grainy bread, plus your favourite type of chutney of salad.
2tbs vegetable oil
1 large onion, chopped
2tsp medium curry paste
1 large potato, cut into cubes
400g can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
800g can of plum tomatoes
salt and pepper
small handful of coriander leaves, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the onion, turmeric, curry paste and potato and fry gently for 5 minutes
- Add the chickpeas, tomatoes, sugar and a little salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and cook, uncovered, for about 20 minutes, stirring lots and breaking up the tomatoes.
- Stir in the chopped coriander and add more salt and pepper if it needs it.
- Serve with naan, basmati rice or bread and add chutney
- Maybe add a side salad.