Tuna Pasta Salad
Tuna Pasta Salad is for me, one of the best pasta salads you can eat. It is perfect this time of year if you are planning a picnic or a barbeque. It's easy to transport if you eating away from home - by the side of the river or on the beach. The combination of tuna, walnuts and pesto makes a very good sauce. If friends ask you to bring a dish to their picnic or their alfresco dining event then opt for this easy and tasty dish.
Ingredients: (serves 4)
400g pasta shells
5tbs green pesto
1tsp white wine vinegar
1tsp grated lemon rind
6 large basil leaves
3tbs olive oil
200g can of tuna - drained and flaked
50g chopped walnut pieces
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions and then drain.
- Plunge the pasta under cold water to stop it from cooking any further and drain again. Put in a bowl.
- Mix the pesto and vinegar in a bowl and sprinkle with pepper and add to the pasta with the grated lemon rind, and toss.
- Mix the tuna and the walnut into the pasta.
- Sprinkle over the basil and drizzle the olive oil over the top and mix.
Enjoy your picnic!