Fresh Fruit Salad
Having gone-on about a high fibre diet, earlier in the week, what better way to meet your daily intake of fresh fruit than to prepare a fruit salad. This delicious fruit combo is given extra sparkle by adding honey and wine. This is also an ideal dessert for a large party, or why not keep a batch in the fridge and use some throughout the week, either to take to work or to snack on throughout the day. You can use whatever fruit you like.
Ingredients: (serves 10)
150ml unsweetened pineapple juice
250g canned lychees
1 large pineapple - skinned, cored and diced OR 400g can of pineapple chunks - drained
250g fresh or drained canned cherries - pitted
4 kiwi fruit - peeled and thinly sliced
250g seedless black grapes
75ml lemon juice
125ml sweet white wine
500g red dessert apples - thinly sliced
3 large bananas
- Mix together the pineapple juice and honey in a large bowl. When the honey has dissolved, tip in the lychees with their syrup.
- Add the pineapple, cherries, kiwi fruit and grapes.
- Put in the fridge for 4 hours or leave overnight if possible.
- Mix together the lemon juice and white wine.
- Half an hour before you want to eat, stir the apples and bananas into the lemon juice mixture before stirring into the fruit salad.
- Pop back into the fridge for 30 minutes and then serve.