Chicken and Cashew Stir-Fry
Stir-fries are so quick and easy and once you get the hang of them then you can add any vegetables or meat you like. Cooking really isn't mysterious, we can all do it. Start with this simply dish!
Ingredients: (serves 2)
3tbs vegetable oil
250g skinless, boneless chicken - cut into bite-sized pieces
1 small onion - sliced
50g baby sweetcorn - sliced diagonally
50g cashew nuts
125ml soy sauce
4tbs chicken stock
4tsp brown sugar
15g spring onion - sliced diagonally
1 large red chilli - sliced diagonally, to top
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan
- Add the chicken, onion, baby sweetcorn and cashew nuts
- Stir-fry over a high heat for 3 minutes
- Turn down the heat and sir in the soy sauce.
- Add the stock, sugar spring onion and a dash of pepper
- Turn up the heat and stir-fry for another 2 minutes
- Dish up, sprinkle with chilli (serve with rice, if you like) and get out the chopsticks!