With my home-grown courgettes ready for eating, this Mexican dish is a quick and easy tasty bake that just needs a crisp green salad and an even crisper glass of white wine to accompany it, to make it the perfect meal.
Ingredients: (serves 6)
6 large courgettes
275g frozen sweetcorn kernels - thawed
2 garlic cloves - crushed
175g feta cheese - rinsed and crumbled
25g butter - melted
salt and pepper
- Halve the courgettes lengthways.
- Using a teaspoon, carefully scoop out the flesh to leave a 1 cm shell.
- Sprinkle salt inside the courgettes and leave them upside down to drain for 1 hour.
- Carefully wipe the insides of the courgettes with kitchen paper to remove the salt. Put into a shallow ovenproof dish.
- Heat the oven to 180'C or Gas Mark 4.
- Blend the sweetcorn, garlic, eggs, milk and pepper to a coarse consistency in a belender or food processor.
- Add 125g of the feta then divide the mixture among the courgette shells.
- Scatter over the courgette shells the rest of the feta cheese and trickle over the butter.
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes until the courgettes are tender and the tops lightly browned; cover with foil if they brown too quickly.
- Eat hot with a green salad or crusty bread.