Easy Tomato Soup
A nice tomato soup is just right as a lunchtime snack or a warming dish on a cold day. This classic recipe can be made more or less spicy depending on how much Tabasco sauce you add. Try it!
Ingredients (serves 4):
300g can of condensed tomato soup
400g can of tomatoes - sieved
325g can of sweetcorn - drained
1tbs soy sauce
3-6 drops of Tabasco sauce
1tsp chopped oregano
half tsp sugar
125g Cheddar cheese - grated
- Put all the ingredients, except the cheese, in a large saucepan and cook over a medium heat stirring all the time.
- Bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes.
- Pour the soup into oven proof bowls.
- Sprinkle with cheese and place under a hot grill for 3-5 minutes until the cheese is bubbling.
- Delicious with crusty wholemeal bread.