Scrambled Eggs with Cheese and Chilli Sauce
Do you want a breakfast dish with a difference? Why not try this Scrambled Egg recipe for a change this weekend. Instead of making your own chilli sauce you can use a ready-made one. Alternatively, try adding some chopped fresh or canned tomatoes to to a tub of guacamole.
Ingredients: (serves 4)
1 onion - finely chopped
1 green chilli - deseeded and finely chopped, plus extra for topping
4tbs canned sweetcorn
salt and pepper
75g Cheddar cheese - grated, plus extra for topping
8 flour tortillas - warmed
Coriander - chopped
Chives - to sprinkle
For the Sweet Chilli Sauce:-
4 red chillies - deseeded and finely chopped
2tbs white wine vinegar
2tbs lemon juice
4tbs coriander leaves - chopped
salt and pepper
- First make the chilli sauce. Put the red chillies, sugar, white wine vinegar and water n a saucepan and heat gently until the sugar has dissolved. Bring to the boil then turn down the heat and cook for 10 minutes, until it becomes thick and syrupy. Take off the heat, leave it to cool down, then stir in the lemon juice, coriander leaves and a dash of salt and pepper.
- To make the scrambled eggs, beat the eggs in a bowl then stir in the onion, chilli, sweetcorn and a good dash of salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan then add the egg mix.
- Cook over a medium heat, stirring all the time, until the eggs are softly scrambled.
- Take the pan off the heat straight away and stir in the cheese.
- Dollop onto warm tortillas, onto toast or straight on the plate.
- Chuck on the slices of green chilli, the corriander, chives and the grated cheese topping and the sweet chilli sauce.