Tandoori Chicken Starter
This popular and tasty dish is a succulent starter to a midweek meal and will jazz-up that otherwise routine supper. Try it!
Ingredients: (serves 4)
8 chicken thighs - deboned, skinned and cut into chunks
Pinch of salt
Half tsp of garlic puree and ginger puree
Squeeze of lime juice
3tbs Greek natural yoghurt
2 green chillies - finely chopped
1 inch cube of ginger - peeled and finely chopped
1 handful of chopped coriander
1tsp black pepper
2tsp garam masala
1tbs ground cumin
2tbs tandoori masala spice
Half tsp ground fennel seeds - crushed
Pinch of white pepper
25ml mustard oil
- Mix Marinade 1 ingredients into a bowl. Add the chicken pieces and rub in the marinade.
- Cover with cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Combine the yoghurt with Marinade 2 ingredients.
- Remove the chicken from Marinade 1 and add it to Marinade 2.
- Cover the bowl with cling film and leave to marinade over night.
- Remove the chicken from the fridge 20 minutes before cooking.
- Cook on BBQ skewers for 20 minutes or pan-fry in a little hot vegetable oil over a medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Serve with a crisp green salad.